Ride with Uber for fast, reliable rides that are affordable and available 24/7
Uber for Android is a mobile app to access the Uber ride finder service, allowing you to call for and pay for rides easily based on your current location. Uber is a popular ride-finding service which hires locals to use their own car to transport you. The Uber app allows you to connect with local drivers in your area and easily pay for your rides directly from your PayPal balance. Drivers will receive a notification and automated directions to find you based on your location, so you never need to provide your address or even make a phone call! The app manages all of this by itself.
When you first open the app, you are presented with a map showing local drivers nearby to let you know if using this service is possible in your area. In most cities, you will find that there are a number of Uber drivers who will happily serve you. You can compare fares based on your current location and desired destination. Choose whether you are willing to share your ride with a stranger and receive a carpooling discount or if you want a private ride. You can even choose the type of vehicle which you want to pick you up, all from the app. Once you have agreed on a fair rate, the app will pay the driver directly from your linked PayPal account and provide the driver with your coordinates based on satellite positioning of your phone. Ordering a cab has never been easier!
- Easy to find transportation in your area and search different prices.
- Allows you to choose from a variety of different vehicles to pick you up, depending on vehicles available in your area.
- Easy payment via PayPal.
- Automatically provides drivers with your coordinates.
- User reviews ensure that you find a trustworthy driver.
- Usually much cheaper than calling a cab.
- Just as with cab drivers, your driver may vary in quality of service provided.
- Some have reported trouble registering or setting up payment information through the mobile app.
The new Uber app is here—and it’s all about making your Uber experience faster, smarter, and more personal.
We’ve rebuilt everything for speed and simplicity, so it’s easier than ever to tap and go.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CALL_PHONE: Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CALENDAR: Allows an application to read the user's calendar data.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- READ_SMS: Allows an application to read SMS messages.
- RECEIVE_SMS: Allows an application to receive SMS messages.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- SEND_SMS: Allows an application to send SMS messages.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.